J Waiver Hardship Approval Based on U.S. Citizen Child

A Success Story from the Ranchod Law Group

A J Hardship Waiver Approval for a Middle East Client

Filed: May 26, 2015
Approved: November 9, 2015
Client and his family are from a Middle Eastern country. Client entered the U.S. on a J visa with his wife on a J-2 visa. While in the U.S. the couple had their first child. The child is now a healthy well adjusted preschool age child and the client did not want to return to his home country. We focused our arguments on conditions in the home country including safety issues, the poor educational system, and the unavailability of comparable medical care. Also, in his home country client would barely be getting by financially but here in the U.S. client commanded a very good salary. Our firm worked very hard researching and writing the legal brief to present the very best case possible. Now client can continue his career with his family in the U.S.

Read more of our success stories on J Visas here.

Immigration Lawyer Explains Aspects of the J-2 Visa

The J-2 visa is designed for spouses and dependents of J-1 student visa holders. As an immigration lawyer in Sacramento, I work with those seeking both J-1 and J-2 visas. Here are some particulars regarding the J-2 visa in which applicants are often interested.

J-2 Visa and Work

The J-2 is a nonimmigrant visa under which you may work. In order to secure employment the money may not be needed to support the primary J-1 visa holder. In order to work with a J-2 visa, the holder must receive special permission from the USCIS.

To apply, the J-2 visa holder submits Form I-765. The process of adjudication takes from three to five months but processing times are always subject to change. If approved, the J-2 holder will receive an Employment Authorization Document  (EAD) and they will be allowed to work. Continue reading “Immigration Lawyer Explains Aspects of the J-2 Visa” »