U.S. Employment Green Card Lawyer
If you are an employer or an employee with employment visa concerns or questions, you may also have legal issues regarding residency and green card status, Ranchod Law Group in San Francisco, California, can assist you. Immigration issues are governed by federal law, and immigration law can be practiced throughout the United States. Contact our business immigration law offices to discuss your situation. We will help you resolve your issues quickly.
If you are a Physician, Scientist or Researcher please visit our Doctor and Scientist Resource Center for more information pertaining to Green Cards.
Who qualifies for employment-based green cards?
Every year, the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) approves permanent employment green cards for approximately 400,000 workers who hold temporary visas in the U.S. Interestingly, the 400,000 green cards are distributed equally across the number of countries with whom the U.S. has signed a treaty. It does not matter whether the country has more than a billion residents, such as China or India, or only the population of a small island. Every country is allotted 7% of the total approvals.
Receiving a green card requires multiple complex steps that can require several years of patience and hard-fought legal effort.
Some steps include:
- Determining whether a foreign national with a work visa is eligible for permanent residence
- The sponsoring employer must be willing to continue to sponsor the worker and submit to a labor certification PERM process
- Upon PERM approval, the employer must submit forms I-140 Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker and I-485, establishing the sponsorship
There are several options available
Employment visas and green cards can be applied for in a number of different categories. To learn more about business immigration visas, visit these pages:
- E-2 Investor Visa treaty investor visas
- H-1B Working Visa specialty occupational visa
- L-1 Employment Visa
- Nurse Visa
- O-1 Extraordinary Ability Visa extraordinary ability achievement visa
- P Entertainers and Athletes Visas for performers, entertainers, and athletes
- Labor Certification / PERM
- R Religious Worker Visas for religious workers
Contact The Ranchod Law Group to schedule an appointment to discuss your employment green card needs.