San Francisco Artist and Performer Visa Lawyer
The Ranchod Law Group is one of the nation’s leading immigration law firms focusing on employment visas. We invite you to contact us in San Francisco, California, to discuss how we can help you with your O and P visa needs.
P visas allow internationally recognized performers, artists, and athletes to work temporarily in the Unites States. In addition, spouses and children may accompany the holders of P visas to the United States for the length of the visa, but may not secure employment in the United States. P visas may be issued to an individual, a performing group, or an entire team.
To be eligible for a P visa, the following criteria must be met:
- The performer or athlete must perform at a level that attains international recognition
- Entertainers may be granted a P-2 visa to participate in an international reciprocal exchange program with a U.S. organization
- An applicant for P-3 visas to coach or teach under a cultural exchange program must typically be at least eighteen years of age
The O-1 visa is a temporary visa specifically for individuals who have extraordinary ability or achievement in academics, arts, or athletics. In order to obtain an O-visa for an employee or a contract worker, the employer must demonstrate that the individual’s ability has earned national or international recognition. O-1 visas are granted for up to three years initially, however, the visas may be extended in single-year increments if the same work continues.
A sponsoring contractor or employer must demonstrate that the individual meets criteria such as:
- Received a major award, typically internationally recognized, such as a Nobel Prize
- Awarded a national prize for excellence in his or her academic field or profession
- Member of an academic or professional society that requires recommendation for membership based on exceptional achievement
- Authorship of professional or academic articles or books, or other major media productions of international acclaim
- Membership as a judge or panel determining the merit of a scholarly or professional achievement of others in the appropriate field
- Letters of recommendation from at least five prominent colleagues in the field which specify the individual’s contributions to the field
Read more about O and P visas at these pages on our website:
To learn more about O and P visas, contact The Ranchod Law Group today.