Home » E-2 Visa and Green Card

E-2 Visa and Green Card

There are many people holding E-2 visas who come to my office inquiring about the possibility of obtaining their Green Card. Green Cards are not automatically awarded to those holding an E-2.

There are ways in which you may obtain a Green Card once you’ve been awarded an E-2 visa. As an immigration attorney in San Francisco, here are some of the ways in which my clients have qualified for their Green Card.

Green Card Qualifiers

  • Relative Sponsorship: If you have an immediate relative who is a U.S. citizen, they may be able to sponsor you (Spouse, parent, or child).
  • Investment: If you’re able to invest $1 million in a business or $500,000 in a rural area business and create 10 new jobs, you may qualify.
  • Green Card through employment (PERM)

One thing to remember is that your E-2 visa does not allow you to stay in the U.S. indefinitely but it may be renewed.  As long as you’re able to maintain a viable company in the U.S., and demonstrate this viability, you will increase the likelihood of successfully renewing your E-2.

In my practice as an immigration attorney in San Francisco, I’ve found that there are many fine points related to obtaining a Green Card. If you have questions, consult with a knowledgeable and experienced immigration lawyer.

For more information on L1 Visas, please visit the E2 Visa section of our website.

Contact the Ranchod Law Group in Sacramento or Stockton at info@ranchodlaw.com or at (916) 613-3553 or (209) 219-2377 if you have any questions regarding E-2 visas, Green cards or immigration.