Marriage Green Cards, Green Card Marriage Interview Representation

Leer en Español

Marriage Based Green Card Application

Learn whether you qualify for a Marriage Green Card from an Experienced Immigration Attorney

United States citizens are eligible to apply for a Fiancée visa or marriage Green Card for their intended spouse to reside in the United States legally.

The Ranchod Law Group works with clients nationwide who are seeking green cards by marriage and other family visas that may be available for immediate relatives.

An immigration attorney who cares about getting things right

Although getting a greencard through marriage can often be the easiest way to obtain residency for a non-U.S. citizen, approval is not automatic.

Turn Your Immigration Dreams into a Reality – Schedule a Free In-Person Consultation

Are you ready to take the next step towards securing your future? 

We offer free in-person consultations for straightforward: 

  • Marriage Green Cards
  • Green Card Renewals
  • Citizenship Applications
  • DACA Renewals

Contact our office today at (916) 613-3553 or email us at

U.S. citizens applying for a Fiancée visa or marriage green card must be aware that immigration officials will scrutinize their applications to ensure that the marriage is legitimate and bona fide, and not for the sole purpose of gaining immigration benefits.

The Ranchod Law Group has significant experience in this area of immigration law and knows what documentation the USCIS looks for. We have successfully handled hundreds of fiancée and marriage immigration cases. Our expertise can guide you through USCIS policies and prevent unnecessary delay and denials due to mistakes.

Who is eligible for a Marriage Green Card/adjustement of status?

Adjustement of status is the process by which a nonimmigrant, while residing in the United States, may apply for:

  • lawful permanent residence (green card) based on a family based immigrant visa petition;
  • employment based immigrant visa petition (Form I-140).

A U.S. citizen may petition for his or her spouse to obtain permanent residence if the spouse is residing in the U.S. and has proof of lawful entry (generally in the form of Form I-94 issued upon entry).

Alternatively, if the spouse of a U.S. citizen is residing abroad, the U.S. citizen may file Form I-130. The spouse may apply for an immigrant visa upon the approval of Form I-130. If the spouse is granted an immigrant visa, he or she will enter the U.S. as a lawful permanent resident.

Green Card Marriage Interview Representation

The recent Policy Memorandum PM-602-0050.1 issued by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security updates the Referral of Cases and Issuance of Notices to Appear (NTAs) in Cases Involving Inadmissible and Deportable Aliens. The USCIS explained the update in a News Release, outlining the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration policy for issuing Form I-862, Notice to Appear, with the immigration enforcement priorities of the Department of Homeland Security.

“For too long, USCIS officers uncovering instances of fraudulent or criminal activity have been limited in their ability to help ensure U.S. immigration laws are faithfully executed. This updated policy equips USCIS officers with clear guidance they need and deserve to support the enforcement priorities established by the president, keep our communities safe, and protect the integrity of our immigration system from those seeking to exploit it,”

said USCIS Director L. Francis Cissna.

Even in the most favorable situations and cases unforeseen issues can arise and suddenly complicate even the most obvious and favorable scenarios: in today’s climate, it’s important to have representation to protect you in the event that a surprise does occur during your interview with the USCIS, with the officer not following the law: interview representation can make assure there’s no misinterpretation happening which could lead to a denial.

Here at The Ranchod Law Group, many clients ask if it’s necessary or required to have an attorney present for the interview with USCIS:

Do you need to hire an attorney to represent you at an interview with USCIS?

It’s not required to have an attorney at the interview with USCIS, however the recent The recent Policy Memorandum PM-602-0050.1 has changed things. Now, in most cases, if USCIS denies an application, if you’re out of status, you will receive a notice to appear in deportation court or put into Removal Proceedings.

The Ranchod Law Group Offers Interview Representation, and other green card related issues – Call us now for more information or send an Email or fill in the form to describe your needs and discuss possible options.

Other useful visa and greencard Resources: