With so many options available for immigrants to utilize, how do they know which visa to apply for? Once an option is chosen, new questions are opened up. It can be a confusing process, and knowing where to turn can go a long way towards ensuring a successful visa application.
Kaushik Ranchod has been an immigration lawyer for his entire career. After starting out as a consultant in the dot com era, Kaushik started his own practice by himself and has grown the company into an organization with a whole team of employees and lawyers.
This week Kaushik sits down again with John Corcoran to go over the basics of the different types of visas, as well as some frequently asked questions which immigrants have when beginning the process.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- [1:40] Common questions about visas, and the basic differences between work visas
- [4:15] The increased difficulty of immigration in the current political climate
- [6:50] How long is an H1B visa good for
- [7:42] When to apply for the visas
- [9:30] Can an immigrant file on their own?
Resources Mentioned in this episode