Author: The Ranchod Law Group
For almost two months, the USCIS has been accepting applications for the I-601A provisional unlawful presence waiver. In this time, the USCIS has stated that it has noticed obvious trends in defects with individuals’ applications that has forced the government agency to return and reject applications.
We too at the Ranchod Law Group have noticed many of these defects in applications brought to us from clients in the Sacramento area. Fortunately, we were able to fix many of the defects in the applications that clients gave us. Some of the defects include:
- Removal Proceedings. Many applicants fail to answer Question 25 of Part 1 of the I-601A application that asks whether the application is currently in removal proceedings. While someone in removal proceedings may be ineligible to apply, those whose removal proceedings are administratively closed and have not been put back on calendar may still apply for the waiver;
- Receipt Number for I-130 or I-360. In question 1 of Part 2 of the application, an individual is required to provide the receipt number for an approved Form I-130 or I-360. You need to have an approved immediate relative immigrant visa petition classifying you as an immediate relative to be eligible for the waiver. If you are unsure if you are eligible, you should talk to a hardship waiver attorney;
- Consular Case Number. In question 4 of Part 2, the applicant must provide the NVC consular case number. Your NVC case number is located on your receipt for the DOS immigrant visa processing fee
- Scheduling of Immigrant Visa Interview. In question 5 of part 2, you have to answer whether the Department of State scheduled you for your immigrant visa interview before January 3, 2013. If the interview was scheduled before this date, you may be ineligible to apply for the provisional unlawful presence waiver
- Signature and Date. Inexplicably, many applicants forget to sign and date their application
Contact a Sacramento Hardship Waiver Attorney
To avoid this result, you may want to work with an experienced hardship waiver attorney at the Ranchod Law Group to help you complete your application. You can contact us at (916) 613-3553 or firstname.lastname@example.org for legal assistance.
Contact us now
Fill in the Form
Our Office in Sacramento
8880 Cal Center Drive #400
A Detailed list of other information on I-601A Waivers
- Keeping Families Together Through The I-601A Waiver Process
- I-601A Waiver Approval and Success Story for a Mexican National
- I-601A Waiver for National from Guatemala
- An I-601A Success Story: Waiver approval for medical extreme hardship
- Examples of Successful I-601A Waiver Applications
- i-601a Waiver Approval for Client who remained in the U.S. for 15 years
- I-601a Hardship Waiver Approval Notice
- I-601a Approval Document, Client Entered the U.S. Illegally from Mexico
- I-601a Waiver Approvals, Waiver for El Salvadorian Client Who Entered the U.S. Illegally
- i-601a Unlawful Presence Waiver APPROVED for Client from Central America
- i-601a Waiver Approved for Client Who Entered the U.S. Illegally
- Our Latest I-601a Success Story » Provisional Unlawful Presence Waiver
- I-601A Waivers, Client from Mexico entered and resided illegally in the U.S.
- I-601A Waiver Approved for Mexican Client, Unlawful Entry and Unlawful Presence in the U.S.
- I-601A Waiver Approval, Illegal Entry and Illegal Presence
- I-601A Hardship Waiver Approval, Nov. 11, 2016
- I-601A: How Psychological and Financial Hardship affect an approval
- I-601a Provisional Unlawful Presence Waiver Approval 2016-08-30
- I-601A Hardship Waiver Available to Spouses and Children of Lawful Permanent Residents
- I-601A Provisional Unlawful Presence Waiver Approval
- I-601A Waiver Approved for Client by The Ranchod Law Group
- I-601A Waiver Approval from Mexico
- Success Story: Approval of I-601A for Client Brought to U.S. as a Child
- Form I-601a: Common Misconceptions about the New Unlawful Presence Waiver
- Filing Unlawful Presence Waivers (form I-601A), Demonstration of Extreme Hardship
- Provisional Unlawful Presence Waiver (Form I-601A)
- Defects With I-601A Applications
- 5 Reasons Why You Should have an Immigration Attorney Assist You With the I-601A Waiver
- Can I Apply for an I-601A Waiver If Under an Order of Voluntary Departure?
- What you need to know about Form I-601A
- Tips for Completing Form I-601A Provisional Unlawful Presence Waivers
- Eligibility for the I-601A Provisional Unlawful Presence Waiver
- Will I Be Subject to Removal Proceedings If My I-601A Application is Denied?
- How to Prove “Extreme Hardship” for an I-601A Hardship Waiver