Provisional Unlawful Presence Waiver » Form I-601A
Author: Ranchod Law Group
Form I-601A: Application for Provisional Unlawful Presence Waiver
The USCIS finally released its Form I-601A allowing individuals to apply for the provisional unlawful presence waiver.
This new six-page form is critical to individuals going through the immigration process who may possibly be subject to a three- or ten-year ban from entering the U.S. due to accruing time in the country without proper legal status. U.S. citizen immediate relative family members who apply for the waiver can now know whether it is approved in the United States, alleviating lengthy wait times outside of the U.S.
There are four substantive portions of this form:
- Part 1: Information About Applicant. This part is fairly straightforward as you just enter information like your A-number, Social Security number, full name, address, and contact information. You will also need to enter your country of citizenship and information regarding your last entry to the U.S. Some sticking points could be listing your immigration status during your last entry to the U.S. as well as any criminal history.
- Part 2: Information About Immediate Relative Petition. You will have to enter information about an approved immediate relative petition (Form I-130 or I-360) and related immigration visa application. Without an approved immigrant visa petition, you may not be eligible for the waiver.
- Part 3: Information About Qualifying Relative. You need to provide information about a U.S. citizen spouse or parent who would experience extreme hardship if you are denied. Without a qualifying relative, you will not be eligible for the waiver.
- Part 4: Statement from Applicant. This is the critical section where you have to explain to the USCIS why your hardship waiver application should be approved. You should explain in detail reasons for the extreme hardship and detail how your family members will suffer. Examples of hardship may include medical reasons, severe psychological conditions, financial, a disruption in education and adverse country conditions. You should be as specific as possible and you must remember that you have to prove an “extreme” hardship.
A Detailed list of other information on I-601A Waivers
- Keeping Families Together Through The I-601A Waiver Process
- I-601A Waiver Approval and Success Story for a Mexican National
- I-601A Waiver for National from Guatemala
- An I-601A Success Story: Waiver approval for medical extreme hardship
- Examples of Successful I-601A Waiver Applications
- i-601a Waiver Approval for Client who remained in the U.S. for 15 years
- I-601a Hardship Waiver Approval Notice
- I-601a Approval Document, Client Entered the U.S. Illegally from Mexico
- I-601a Waiver Approvals, Waiver for El Salvadorian Client Who Entered the U.S. Illegally
- i-601a Unlawful Presence Waiver APPROVED for Client from Central America
- i-601a Waiver Approved for Client Who Entered the U.S. Illegally
- Our Latest I-601a Success Story » Provisional Unlawful Presence Waiver
- I-601A Waivers, Client from Mexico entered and resided illegally in the U.S.
- I-601A Waiver Approved for Mexican Client, Unlawful Entry and Unlawful Presence in the U.S.
- I-601A Waiver Approval, Illegal Entry and Illegal Presence
- I-601A Hardship Waiver Approval, Nov. 11, 2016
- I-601A: How Psychological and Financial Hardship affect an approval
- I-601a Provisional Unlawful Presence Waiver Approval 2016-08-30
- I-601A Hardship Waiver Available to Spouses and Children of Lawful Permanent Residents
- I-601A Provisional Unlawful Presence Waiver Approval
- I-601A Waiver Approved for Client by The Ranchod Law Group
- I-601A Waiver Approval from Mexico
- Success Story: Approval of I-601A for Client Brought to U.S. as a Child
- Form I-601a: Common Misconceptions about the New Unlawful Presence Waiver
- Filing Unlawful Presence Waivers (form I-601A), Demonstration of Extreme Hardship
- Provisional Unlawful Presence Waiver (Form I-601A)
- Defects With I-601A Applications
- 5 Reasons Why You Should have an Immigration Attorney Assist You With the I-601A Waiver
- Can I Apply for an I-601A Waiver If Under an Order of Voluntary Departure?
- What you need to know about Form I-601A
- Tips for Completing Form I-601A Provisional Unlawful Presence Waivers
- Eligibility for the I-601A Provisional Unlawful Presence Waiver
- Will I Be Subject to Removal Proceedings If My I-601A Application is Denied?
- How to Prove “Extreme Hardship” for an I-601A Hardship Waiver