Mr. and Mrs. Grey (not their real names) contacted our office to see if we could help Mrs. Grey become a legal resident. From the beginning, they were wary about the process because Mrs. Grey’s previous case had been botched by a notary public. We reassured them that we could help them through this difficult process and we would be there every step of the way.
During our initial consultation, we determined that Mrs. Grey was an excellent candidate for an i 601a Provisional Unlawful Presence Waiver. Mrs. Grey was brought to the U.S. illegally by her parents at the young age of two. Her mother and siblings went on to become lawful permanent residents but they neglected to get the proper legal assistance to file her paperwork and therefore left her without any viable options. Because Mrs. Grey had an unlawful entry and accumulated unlawful presence, we needed to figure out a way to cure this.
Mrs. Grey had been married to Mr. Grey (a U.S. Citizen) for over a decade and they had three U.S. citizen children. Mr. Grey had several medical conditions that left him dependent on Mrs. Grey to take care of their children. Although, Mr. Grey had a decent job, if he had to procure child care for three young children, he would not be able to take care of his other financial responsibilities such as his mortgage. We were confident that these facts, in combination with others that we could help them identify, would be useful in presenting a case for extreme hardship to Mr. Grey if Mrs. Grey’s waiver was not granted. We worked diligently alongside our clients to put together the best case and legal argument possible and it paid off.
While it brings us great satisfaction each time we help our clients obtain immigration benefits, this case was particularly satisfying because not only did we get Mrs. Grey’s i 601a waiver approved, but we also restored her faith that had been damaged by previous ineffective legal assistance.
i 601a Waivers are complicated and it is important that you obtain competent legal assistance.
If you would like a consultation to assess your case, please contact us at (916)613-3553
A Detailed list of other information on I-601A Waivers
- Keeping Families Together Through The I-601A Waiver Process
- I-601A Waiver Approval and Success Story for a Mexican National
- I-601A Waiver for National from Guatemala
- An I-601A Success Story: Waiver approval for medical extreme hardship
- Examples of Successful I-601A Waiver Applications
- i-601a Waiver Approval for Client who remained in the U.S. for 15 years
- I-601a Hardship Waiver Approval Notice
- I-601a Approval Document, Client Entered the U.S. Illegally from Mexico
- I-601a Waiver Approvals, Waiver for El Salvadorian Client Who Entered the U.S. Illegally
- i-601a Unlawful Presence Waiver APPROVED for Client from Central America
- i-601a Waiver Approved for Client Who Entered the U.S. Illegally
- Our Latest I-601a Success Story » Provisional Unlawful Presence Waiver
- I-601A Waivers, Client from Mexico entered and resided illegally in the U.S.
- I-601A Waiver Approved for Mexican Client, Unlawful Entry and Unlawful Presence in the U.S.
- I-601A Waiver Approval, Illegal Entry and Illegal Presence
- I-601A Hardship Waiver Approval, Nov. 11, 2016
- I-601A: How Psychological and Financial Hardship affect an approval
- I-601a Provisional Unlawful Presence Waiver Approval 2016-08-30
- I-601A Hardship Waiver Available to Spouses and Children of Lawful Permanent Residents
- I-601A Provisional Unlawful Presence Waiver Approval
- I-601A Waiver Approved for Client by The Ranchod Law Group
- I-601A Waiver Approval from Mexico
- Success Story: Approval of I-601A for Client Brought to U.S. as a Child
- Form I-601a: Common Misconceptions about the New Unlawful Presence Waiver
- Filing Unlawful Presence Waivers (form I-601A), Demonstration of Extreme Hardship
- Provisional Unlawful Presence Waiver (Form I-601A)
- Defects With I-601A Applications
- 5 Reasons Why You Should have an Immigration Attorney Assist You With the I-601A Waiver
- Can I Apply for an I-601A Waiver If Under an Order of Voluntary Departure?
- What you need to know about Form I-601A
- Tips for Completing Form I-601A Provisional Unlawful Presence Waivers
- Eligibility for the I-601A Provisional Unlawful Presence Waiver
- Will I Be Subject to Removal Proceedings If My I-601A Application is Denied?
- How to Prove “Extreme Hardship” for an I-601A Hardship Waiver
Disclaimer: The testimonials, case results and/or endorsements do not constitute a guarantee, warranty, or prediction regarding the outcome of your legal matter.