Vea Pagina en Español
Starting March 4, 2013, applicants can apply for the provisional unlawful presence waiver (by completing form I-601A) that will allow certain immediate family members of U.S. citizens to know before leaving the country to attend their visa interview whether they are subject to a bar to reentry into the U.S.
With so much at stake with this hardship waiver, applicants will want to be careful when completing the application process to make sure that their application is not rejected for a technicality.
Some tips you should keep in mind when filling out the Form I-601A provision unlawful presence waiver include:
– Fully complete the application.
– Include the proper filing fees ($585) and biometric fees ($85). Keep in mind that the biometrics fee may be waived in certain circumstances.
– Do not File Form I-601A with any other application or form to the USCIS.
– Complete the forms by typing in the data or using a black ink. Do not use red ink or highlighters because these will not show up when the forms are scanned.
– Don’t use white out or correctional tape if you made a mistake on the form. It’s best to start over as writing over white out can cause scanning errors.
– Sign all the forms where appropriate.
– Include your supporting evidence that prove that a hardship exists.
– Put your name and A-number on any attachments and other documentation you may provide.
– Make sure you mail the Form I-601 to the correct address.
– Consider Including the Form G-1145, E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance, so that you will receive an electronic confirmation that your application was received.
Why You Should Work With A Hardship Waiver Attorney
Even if you have a valid hardship making you eligible for the provisional unlawful presence waiver, you still must be able to convey this to the USCIS.
Your application and the supporting documents you present are critical as this will form the basis as to whether the government accepts or rejects your application.
An experienced hardship waiver attorney knows how to put together a hardship application to present your case in the most persuasive and best light. With so much at stake, you will want to ensure that your application is complete and strongly presents your case for eligibility for the waiver.
Contact a Hardship Waiver Attorney
Contact a hardship waiver attorney at the Ranchod Law Group today.
Call us now at 415-986-6186
or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A Detailed list of other information on I-601A Waivers
- Keeping Families Together Through The I-601A Waiver Process
- I-601A Waiver Approval and Success Story for a Mexican National
- I-601A Waiver for National from Guatemala
- An I-601A Success Story: Waiver approval for medical extreme hardship
- Examples of Successful I-601A Waiver Applications
- i-601a Waiver Approval for Client who remained in the U.S. for 15 years
- I-601a Hardship Waiver Approval Notice
- I-601a Approval Document, Client Entered the U.S. Illegally from Mexico
- I-601a Waiver Approvals, Waiver for El Salvadorian Client Who Entered the U.S. Illegally
- i-601a Unlawful Presence Waiver APPROVED for Client from Central America
- i-601a Waiver Approved for Client Who Entered the U.S. Illegally
- Our Latest I-601a Success Story » Provisional Unlawful Presence Waiver
- I-601A Waivers, Client from Mexico entered and resided illegally in the U.S.
- I-601A Waiver Approved for Mexican Client, Unlawful Entry and Unlawful Presence in the U.S.
- I-601A Waiver Approval, Illegal Entry and Illegal Presence
- I-601A Hardship Waiver Approval, Nov. 11, 2016
- I-601A: How Psychological and Financial Hardship affect an approval
- I-601a Provisional Unlawful Presence Waiver Approval 2016-08-30
- I-601A Hardship Waiver Available to Spouses and Children of Lawful Permanent Residents
- I-601A Provisional Unlawful Presence Waiver Approval
- I-601A Waiver Approved for Client by The Ranchod Law Group
- I-601A Waiver Approval from Mexico
- Success Story: Approval of I-601A for Client Brought to U.S. as a Child
- Form I-601a: Common Misconceptions about the New Unlawful Presence Waiver
- Filing Unlawful Presence Waivers (form I-601A), Demonstration of Extreme Hardship
- Provisional Unlawful Presence Waiver (Form I-601A)
- Defects With I-601A Applications
- 5 Reasons Why You Should have an Immigration Attorney Assist You With the I-601A Waiver
- Can I Apply for an I-601A Waiver If Under an Order of Voluntary Departure?
- What you need to know about Form I-601A
- Tips for Completing Form I-601A Provisional Unlawful Presence Waivers
- Eligibility for the I-601A Provisional Unlawful Presence Waiver
- Will I Be Subject to Removal Proceedings If My I-601A Application is Denied?
- How to Prove “Extreme Hardship” for an I-601A Hardship Waiver