Fiancée Visa in Sacramento California

Hi this Kaushik Ranchod from The Ranchod Law Group. Today I’m going to answer some of your frequently asked questions, about the Fiancée Visa. The Fiancée Visa is a process where you are engaged to your Fiancée but you’re not married yet and you want to bring your Fiancée from their home country to come and live in the United States. Now the question that we get asked a lot is “can’t I just get my Fiancée here into the United States and then get married? I don’t recommend this procedure because that can be considered as Visa Fraud.

Because you’re supposed to enter the United States with the intent to temporarily stay with the visitor visa you’re supposed to return home: the proper method to enter the United States in this case is with the Fiancée Visa. There is the Fiancée Visa against the immigrant visa. Today, in this video, we’re going to just talk about the Fiancée Visa because you’re not married yet. In this case it’s faster to obtain a Fiancée Visa than the immigrant visa: if you are married you could apply for the immigrant visa.

The first step is filing for the Fiancée Visa Petition. This can generally taking anywhere from three to six months considering government processing time. Once the Fiancée Visa Petition is approved, it goes to the National Visa Center where background security checks are performed. Then, the Fiancée Visa Petition is sent onto the U.S. embassy. It is really important to document that you have a real relationship with your Fiancée. This aspect will be evaluated at the Fiancée Visa Petition stage: the authorities are seeking evidence to prove you have met – you need to have met with your Fiancée in the last two years. The U.S. embassy will be evaluating this as well to determine your eligibility to enter the United States.

Once you have and successfully passed the interview, you will be allowed to travel to the United States and you will be required to get married within ninety days.

Since we are talking specifically about Sacramento, once you get married you will need to file for a marriage based adjustment of status. You will go through the entire process and you’ll have another interview that will take place in Sacramento, California if you’re living in Sacramento.

So that’s the Fiancée Visa process in a nutshell.

I invite you to contact us if you have questions you can reach us at (916) 613-3553 or email us at thanks and have an awesome day!

Related Information on K1 Fiancée Visas