Child Green Card Lawyers

In Sacramento Serving Clients Nationwide

Get Legal Support for Your Child’s Green Card Application

Our legal team will:

  • Help you understand the green card process and requirements
  • Assist in gathering the necessary documentation
  • Inspect your documentation to ensure it’s correct
  • Act as your representative in appeals or other legal proceedings
  • Help you navigate through the complex immigration system

Contact us today at (916) 613-3553 or email us at

Why Does Your Child Need a Green Card?

A Green Card allows your child to obtain permanent residency in the United States, which grants them the right to live, work, and study in the country indefinitely. Having a green card opens up better educational opportunities, including access to public schools, colleges, and universities, as well as potential eligibility for in-state tuition rates and scholarships. It also provides access to healthcare and social service programs, such as Medicaid, and offers employment opportunities without the need for additional work visas. In addition, a green card puts your child on a path toward U.S. citizenship and allows them to apply for naturalization in the future. 

Contact our office to schedule an initial consultation with one of our immigration lawyers. 

Green Card Options for Children

There are several options for green cards for children; each option has specific eligibility requirements and procedures, so it’s essential to consult with an immigration attorney to understand the best option for your child’s situation:

  • Immediate Relative Petition (IR-2 Visa): The IR-2 visa is designed for children under the age of 21 who are unmarried and seeking to immigrate to the United States as the child of a U.S. citizen. This category allows for a direct path to a green card, as there are no numerical limitations or waiting periods.
  • Conditional Permanent Residence (CPR): If a child is immigrating to the United States based on a marriage between their parent and a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident, and the marriage is less than two years old at the time of the child’s admission, they may be granted conditional permanent residence. This means that the child will initially receive a conditional green card that is valid for two years. To remove the conditions and obtain permanent residency without conditions, the child and their parent must jointly file a petition to remove conditions within 90 days of the green card’s expiration.
  • Special Immigrant Juvenile Status (SIJS): SIJS is available for children who have been abused, neglected, or abandoned by one or both parents and cannot be reunited with them. To qualify for SIJS, the child must obtain a court order from a state juvenile court in the United States that declares it is not in their best interest to return to their home country and that they are eligible for long-term custody or care by a suitable guardian. With an approved SIJS petition, the child may be eligible to apply for a green card.
  • Adoption-Based Green Cards: Children who have been adopted by U.S. citizens or lawful permanent residents may be eligible for a green card through the adoption process. The adoption must meet certain requirements, including compliance with U.S. immigration laws and regulations that govern international adoptions. The child must have been adopted before turning 16 years old, and the adoption process must have been finalized in a foreign country or completed in the United States.

Contact the Ranchod Law Group today to find the best green card option for your child.  

The Benefits of Hiring an Immigration Attorney for Child Green Cards

Our immigration attorneys possess in-depth knowledge of immigration laws and regulations, ensuring that you receive accurate and up-to-date advice tailored to your child’s specific situation. We’ll guide you through the eligibility criteria and application process and help you gather the required documentation to ensure that your child’s application meets all the requirements. By working with us, you can navigate the child green card process with confidence, knowing that you have a knowledgeable and advocate on your side. Contact us today to learn more about how we can assist you. 

Start Your Child Green Card Application Today

The Ranchod Law Group is dedicated to delivering exceptional legal services tailored to your individual circumstances. We prioritize open communication and promptly respond to your inquiries. By utilizing the latest online systems and technology, we stay updated with immigration law developments, build your case effectively, and provide regular status updates. With a nationwide reach and representation at U.S. Embassies worldwide, we serve clients throughout the United States. Whether you’re an individual or an employer, contact the Ranchod Law Group to discuss your visa or other immigration law needs. 

Check Out What Others Have To Say!